1) PIRATES OF DARKWATER - A really cool fantasy/action/pirate cartoon that was dropped way too early. Marvel did a 9 issue comic series when this was airing on ABC, but it's definitely time Ren, Niddler, and the rest of the crew return to the comic pages.
2) SILVERHAWKS - Superpowered bird-themed superheroes in outerspace...what's not to love? This was a syndicated cartoon in the 80s that followed on the heels of the successful Thundercats. I loved this cartoon and looked forward to watching it every day after school. A comic was done by Marvel in the 80s, as part of their STAR Comics imprint. I know some of you would love to see it brought back!
3) BOBBY'S WORLD - To the best of my knowledge, Howie Mandel's creation about a very imaginative little boy and his crazy adventures has never been done in comic form. But it definitely should be and could be a really fun book. The show was cute and hilarious.
4) TINY TOON ADVENTURES/ANIMANIACS (tie) - I lumped these two together, because I just couldn't decide. Both Warner Brothers cartoons were huge successes in their time and Animaniacs had a good run as a comic book at DC (lasting about 60 issues). Even a shared book with shorts strips featuring the characters would be a blast to do!
5) SPIDER-MAN & HIS AMAZING FRIENDS - I know this team-up was loosely brought back in "Ultimate Spider-Man" some years ago and there was even an effort to bring the trio as a group into Marvel's history in a "Spider-Man: Amazing Family" one-shot. But I think Spidey, Firestar, and Iceman are aching for at least a limited series that's a fun throwback to the cartoon. I even came up with a great idea for their major villain in the story as well!
I kept the list at 5, but frankly, I could've done several more (Roger Rabbit, Defenders of the Earth, Captain Caveman, Grape Ape, and Thundarr would have been the next few in the list). I'm a huge fan of cartoons and think it's a shame that kids today don't have the same appreciation for "Saturday Morning Cartoons" (or even weekday afternoon cartoons) that previous generations do. Maybe I'm just an old, nostalgic fart...
Til next time,