Monday, May 17, 2010
Loads of stuff to tell you all...the past couple of days have been pretty phenomenal. Here we go...
* First, I gotta mention how awesome Fanaticon was this past Saturday. I had no idea this was the first ever Fanaticon in Asheville, so I was even more surprised with it! It was put together very well, great promoting throughout the city, organized, and an incredible turnout. From what I heard, it was anticipated to be 500-1000 in attendance...last count I heard was 2800+! Not only that, but I got the pleasure to meet and hang with some other cool creators, like Raven Perez and Evan Dahm (check out links to their pages to the right). So, a huge thanks to Chance Whitmire, the Asheville Art Museum, and everyone else involved with Fanaticon 2010! I loved it and can't wait to hear about next year's plans!
* In more convention news, it looks like I will be at HeroesCon 2010 in Charlotte, NC! My buddy Jeremy Massie has allowed me to mooch off his table, so I'll be there at least Saturday and possibly Sunday with all my normal goodies! Stop by...
* The finished pages for "Suggestion Box #4: Day at the Museum" were sent to Katie Omberg on Friday for final printing. We should be getting those bad boys very soon, followed by some other cool "Suggestion Box" news!
* Brad Jaskula put the finishing touches on his story for "The Adventurers of Liberty City" #6, so I should be finalizing everything and sending it off to the printers within the week! More info soon...
* Josh Talley and I have been brainstorming like crazy and we have some good ideas for future T.A.K. Comics releases. More info VERY soon...
Well, that's all for now, but you know where to come for more goodness...
Til next time,
Friday, May 14, 2010
Joshua Talley and I will be at Fanaticon in Asheville, NC from 10 AM to 5 PM. We'll be selling all of our books...I'll have copies of "The Adventurers of Liberty City" graphic novel, and we'll be debuting "T.A.K. Presents" #1!
Not only that, but we'll be sharing a table with the very cool Jeremy Massie! Stop by and see us. And if you're there for awhile, pop into the "Self-Publishing 101" panel, which will feature me, Jake Bible, Evan Dahm, Johnny Rigsbee, and Gary Kwapisz discussing all about our ventures into printing our books!
Should be a great time! Check out the link for more info: http://www.fanaticon.org/main/
Oooh, and our good buddies over at Ka-Blam (who do all the printing for 80 Pork Comics and T.A.K. Comics) graciously announced our con appearance as well: http://ka-blam.com/printing/front/?p=319
Hope to see you guys there!
Til next time,
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Finally getting back in the swing of things in the comic world! The day job whisked me away to Florida for a few weeks last month, so it's good to be back home and let the creative juices flow some more. Eww, that sounds gross...
Anyway, Josh, my son Christopher, and I put the finishing touches on the long-talked about "T.A.K. Presents" #1 and will be getting it back from the printer in a few days!
While "FLiP On" is our humorous anthology, this new collection features serialized stories diving into the realms of action, adventure, heroics, and sci-fi! We kick off #1 with "Ronun & Monkai", a wild story of a samurai nun, her loyal monkey monk sidekick, and their battle with the evil Dragon Priest; "The Naturals of Disaster",exploring the territory of regular criminals given awesome powers; and "J.E.T.",the Justice Enforcement Team, an exciting adventure following kid heroes on a strange world, searching for a demented scientist...co-created and drawn by my 8 year old son, Christopher Smith!
The book will be available for sale on-line soon, but Josh and I are hoping to have some issues hot off the presses for our trip to Fanaticon this Saturday...stay tuned for more info on that!Til next time,